Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Beautiful Dua !!!


This is the believer's constant weapon. He asks his Lord to rid him of evils, problems and bad characteristics, and he seeks refuge with Allah (SWT) from falling into the pit of kufr and wrongdoing caused by anger, because one of the three qualities which will save a person from Hellfire is being just and fair both at times of contentment and at times of anger. (Saheeh al-Jaami', 3039). One of the du'aa's of the Prophet (SAW) was:

"Allaahumma bi 'ilmika'l-ghaybi wa qudratika 'ala'l-khalqi aheeni ma 'alimta'l-hayaata khayran li, wa tawaffani idha 'alimta'l-wafaata khayran li. Allaahumma wa as'aluka khashyataka fi'l-ghaybi wa'l-shahaadah, wa as'aluka kalimat al-ikhlaasi fi'l-ridaa wa'l-ghadab, wa as'aluka'l-qasda fi'l-faqri wa'l-ghinaa, wa as'aluka na'eeman la yanfad, wa qurrata 'aynin la tanqati', wa as'aluka'l-ridaa bi'l-qadaa', wa as'aluka bard al-'aysh ba'd al-mawt, wa as'aluka ladhdhat al-nadhr ila wajhika wa'l-shawqa ilaa liqaa'ik, fi ghayri darraa' mudirrah wa laa fitnati mudillah. Allaahumma zayyinnaa bi zeenati'l-eemaan wa'j'alnaa hudaatan muhtadeen"

(O Allah, by Your knowledge of the Unseen and Your power over all creation, keep me alive so long as You know life is good for me, and bring about my death when you know death is good for me. O Allah, I ask You to make me fear You in secret and in the open, I ask You to make me speak sincerely at times of contentment and at times of anger, I ask You to make me be moderate in poverty and in wealth, I ask You for a blessing that does not end, contentment that never ceases, and for acceptance of Your decree. I ask You for a good life after death, and I ask You for the joy of looking upon Your face and the longing to meet You, with no harmful adversity or misleading trial (fitnah). O Allah, adorn us with the beauty of faith, guide us and let us be a means of guidance for others)." (Reported by al-Nisaa'i in al-Sunan, 3/55; and by al-Haakim. Saheeh al-Jaami', 1301).

No comments: