Friday, September 19, 2008

Rejuvenate

It’s at times impossible to concentrate during tharaweeh after a full day of work, but as it is work is part of our lives. I’m trying to formulate some strategies, which would help me concentrate better, inshallah. Working from home of course I should say is a very lucrative option, but at times its as tiring if not more than going to office itself. A few options I was looking at included taking off a bit early from office and having a short nap before maghrib, this is very helpful I should say. Another is to break in between rakaats in tharaweeh, I stop for a while before I start again when I feel I’m dozing off, and this has proven to be helpful as well. Nevertheless the best option is the short evening nap, it revitalizes the entire body and alhamdulih it helps to concentrate really well. Just a few lines in case someone is facing the same problem as me.:)
May Allah swt keep us steadfast on his path,ameen.

1 comment:

serenity2187 said...

My previous post mysteriously disappeared over some internet error. So let me try it again,

I presume you pray 20 rakats tharaweeh? Well the number 20 came about from a Fatwa given by Caliph Umar after the demise of the Prophet. Since people were praying 20, 30 and sometimes even 40 rakats. However the lowest number of rakats that can be performed is 2.

For those of you whom pray Tharaweeh with Jammath in the mosques, may find it difficult to keep up with the Imam's. Under such a situation it is advisable to pray a lesser number of rakats, taking breaks and increasing one's concentration.

Sleeping during Asr and Maghrib on the other hand cannot be the best option. Especially during the month of Ramadan, where we must indulge ourselves in as much meritorious deeds as possible. Listening to Quirath's during such times or reciting Zikr will help calm your mind and body.