Thursday, October 05, 2006

My First Tharaweeh on Foreign Soil

My First Tharaweeh on Foreign Soil

It was kind of an alien experience, I felt as if I have stepped into a planet with a different species. But the bond was common and strong , we all were Muslims, bound by the strength of ISLAM. I couldn’t understand what was said, but I managed my prayers and duas, this is what’s important at the end of the day. They pray only 8 rakats here unlike 20 back home. So it’s a short session. Women around here are quite courteous, not arrogant as I expected. One lady even offered me her cup of water, seeing that I was thirsty. It was very kind of her. There were some ladies who shouted at each other irrespective of the common motive of being in a mosque. Overall it has been quite a nice experience.

Thanks to the uncle who takes us there every evening, we feel elated after bowing our heads in prayer in front of ALLAH subhantalah. He has three daughters, very pretty and well mannered. What more could a man ask from Allah subhanatalh when he is blessed with such bounty. I do feel bored going to the flat we stay early. So I stay a bit late till around 3PM that’s around time for ASR. Dada leaves office at 2.PM, he can’t bear the heat. I miss everyone at home.

IA Allah will give me the strength to carry out my job to the best of my ability. That’s my only wish and hope !

Wasalmualiukum Warahmatullahi Wabrakathuhu

No comments: