Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A Tribute to a Heavenly Soul


A Tribute to a Heavenly Soul


When days were dark and my soul was clouded with burdens which seemed unbearable I remember that smile and that helping hand that was always beside me, when sickness made my limbs and body weak and I was bedridden, she spent many sleepless nights attending to me, when I had tried my utmost best but still fell short of my goals she is the loving soul that inspired me, with every step I took & with each and every success I achieved she was the complimenting soul that applauded me, she is no other than my loving mother, the person I love, more than anyone else in this world!!!

Her successful 32 year career as a doctor in the public sector will end today, but as for me she will always be a hero whose hands and kind words has cured many a suffering soul. There are times when people praise my mama for what she has done for them, I feel really happy at those times. It might not have been very easy raising 3 kids while working, but alhamdullilah she managed to do a good job with us, since she sacrificed many opportunities that came across for our sake. Whatever we do, will never be sufficient to payback all that sacrifices, patience, fortitude and pain she bore to make a better tomorrow for us.

Even today as old as I am, I still turn to her for comfort and solace. When we turn to her with eyes full of tears and hearts full of fear, she will always try to comfort us with assurance and firmness with kind words and encouragement, but at times even I feel that although not shown her own heart cries within when we are sad or depressed. In moments of joy and happiness she is that tender heart who feels the joy many times manifolded.

There is an oft repeated, but seldom - respected hadith, of the Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) that tells us, "heaven lies under the feet of mothers." while another hadith, mentioned in friendly competition between mothers and fathers, tells us that those dearest to a Muslim after Allah (swt) and the Messenger, are mothers (emphasized thrice), and then, the father.

Sometimes it’s only after we lose something or someone that we begin to relish the true value of it, so let’s not be ignorant till such day, lets pray to Allah subhantala to grant all of us the strength to serve our parents to the best of our ability, especially when they reach old age and are not in a state to be of any help to us. They are the blessed souls on the face of this earth who deserve our utmost attention, as they have borne many a pain and suffering to make us who we are today. As I conclude I leave you with the lyrics from the Nasheed “My Mother”, sung by rasheed bhika, may it serve as an inspiration to all of us this day and always. I Thank Allah Subhantala for blessing me with a loving mother and pray that he will sustain that love and affection for me in the years to come.

“Ya Allah Please bless my mother with the best of everything in this world and the hereafter” Ameen.

''Yusuf Islam - My Mother''

(Teacher): “The Prophet Muhammad (sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam) told us that we must obey Allah and His messenger at all times. But who else did he tell us to listen to, and be close to?

(Children): “My Mother!”
Who should you give your love to?
Your respect and your honour to?
Who should you pay good mind to - after Allah, And Rasullullah?
Comes your Mother, Who next?
Your Mother Who next?
Your Mother And then you Father Cause

who used to hold you And clean you and clothe you?
Who used to feed you And always be with you?
When you were sick, stay up all night, Holding you tight?
That’s right no other, your Mother

Who should you take good care of, Giving all your love?
Who should you think the most of - after Allah And Rasullullah?
Comes your Mother, Who next?
Your Mother Who next?
Your Mother And then you Father

Cause who used to hear you Before you could talk?
Who used to hold you Before you could walk?
And when you fell, who’d pick you up?
Clean your cut?
No one but, your Mother, your Mother

Who should you stay right close to?
Listen most to?
Never say no to – after Allah And Rasullullah?
Comes your Mother, Who next?
Your Mother Who next?
Your Mother And then you Father Cause

who used to hug you And buy you new clothes?
Comb your hair and blow your nose?
And when you cried who wiped your tears?
Knows your fears?
Who really cares?
Your Mother

Say Alhamdulillah,
Thank you Allah
Thank You Allah for my Mother

No comments: