Saturday, August 16, 2008

Persevere

I feel like a little boat lost in the midst of an ocean, not knowing where to turn for solace and relief.This is when I close my eyes and think deeply, so deep and remember my Allah. At times I feel that I have made wrong decisions, but I know that cannot be the case, as I always sought for guidance from my lord before each decision. It’s a test, a trial, something I should see through with my faith.

At times it’s a test where immorality dominates the day. Being encircled by those who are licentious to the deepest sense of the word is at times so disgusting. At times I wish to withdraw, may be use an invisible cloak to hide myself from these displays of promiscuity. It’s not possible, or rather it should not be the kind of resolution I should posses, as a believer should be strong. His true colours are portrayed by the way he represents himself amidst all constraints.

Patience and prayers are the 2 most powerful weapons in my arsenal. I will persevere with hope. A hope that will strengthen me with each step I take. I will fight back; I will preserve my values in the best sense, although I know it’s a tedious task. It will take a lot of courage, but I know that as long as I place my trust in my Allah, nothing is impossible, inshallah.

No comments: