Friday, October 17, 2008

As I turn a year older!

As I turn a year older
Many things change too
Being a sister a year older
Brings in new responsibilities too

I lookup at the sky in prayer
To thank the one whose love was so true
For making me a lot stronger
Through trails which at times left me blue

It was always an affair between you and me my lord
Despite any mortal who was the cause
I always depend on you my lord
Never leave me even for a wink of an eye alone

As I look ahead for another year
Uncertainties, surprises undoubtedly would dominate the year
Whatever I may go through in a span of a year
My lord always be closer to me throughout the year

It’s to you that I turn in pain and fear
It’s you who blessed me with everything that’s so dear
A loving family, a nephew and a niece so dear
What more can I ask from you my lord I feel you so near

As I grow a year older
Our meeting draws a year closer too
Please make me a humble servant
Whose love for you will always be true

I’m looking forward to our meeting
Inshallah someday soon
Please mould me into a subservient servant
Whose meeting you will look forward to

I pray for peace and serenity
In a world that’s tattered by war
Happiness to all my loved ones
And Jannah as a gift for all!

No comments: