Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Promise

Tears were trickling down my cheeks
I knew you loved me so deep
At times my lord it’s hard to bear
It’s because I’m a mortal so plain and bare

Deception, cruelty rules some days
I try to be truthful to pave a good way
In a world where money and power dominates
Do I stand a chance to exercise my Islamic ways

I feel to retreat and come back to you
But I know that’s not what you expect me to do
To be a warrior who defends your cause
To hold my head strong despite the cause

I’m here today to promise to you
That I will try my best to subdue
Please forgive me when I shed a tear or two
When I feel sad, hurt and blue

I try to learn from each mistake I make
To be a good muslimah with each day
Why do some wounds take time to heal?
What medications will make them heal?

I know you test me because of your love
To elevate my rank to a number above
I pray to you asking for patience and love
To keep me steadfast through each stumbling block

I pray to you to guide me to the straight path
To be grateful, subservient, patient and strong
The wisdom to realize the true cause of each test
To love you dearly until my last breath

Strength to disregard the worldly gains
Strength to bow down to you with grace
Strength to hold on amidst the mist
To help conquer my soul when it’s very weak

I feel peace and serenity overwhelm my soul
As I pen down this poem promising you and my soul
That I will try my best to hold myself strong
Because I know my Allah knows the best for me and all

1 comment:

Shanaz said...

Salam my dearest mifi,

This is very nice poem to read.Allah always with us.He is gretest.I'm so happy to have nice and knowlegable frnd as u.Allah is so great to provide to creature as u

MAY ALLAH ALWAYS BLESS U
urs
Shanaz